PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from Canada selling pre made parts, and what should I expect to spend?

Mitch_1
Thu 05 November 2009, 20:02
Hey Everybody

I want to build one of these machines, but don't have access to laser cutting, is anyone in Canada selling pre-made parts?
Also I am wondering what sort of budget I should be looking at for getting the structure of the machine built I know steel is probably cheaper in some areas than others but just looking for a number.

Thanks Guys

Robert M
Thu 05 November 2009, 20:32
Hi Mitch,
Welcome aboard
Is this Sussex, NB, Sussex county near Ottawa or another one I’m forgetting ?!
There or else, surely there is Laser cutting place nearby worth you to find out about.

Otherwise, Heath ( domino 11) will chime in and be glad to assist you with his contacts as this Canadian group buy (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409&page=3)may need to be awaken :rolleyes:

As for my parts, I got them locally through two laser place to keep price as low as I could. Fortunate for me, there is +/- 6-8 of those places with in 100km around !

So, In my opinion, it would be worth to search in your local area or even in your province as It could be beneficial !
Good luck, Amicalement, Robert ;)

domino11
Thu 05 November 2009, 21:21
Mitch,
I sent you a pm with the details. :)

Mitch_1
Fri 06 November 2009, 08:43
Hey Robert and Heath

Thanks for the info, yes Robert I am from Sussex, NB, I have been looking around but haven't turned up much, I believe there is a water jet cutting shop in Moncton but will that suffice for quality, it should?, shouldn't it?

Heath got your PM will reply.

Also I am going hunting for some steel channel and tubing this weekend, there are some junk yards around that I plan on visiting, any thoughts on getting scrap.

alchemy
Fri 06 November 2009, 10:07
Hi Mitch

Good luck with the build. I'm still at the "research stage" but hope to get moving once i finish my roofless barn in order to house the beast. I'm from Ireland, but my brother Seamus lives near St Davids with his Canadian wife. I think this is near you.

All the best
Tony