PDA

View Full Version : New Pacific NW (Seattle) builder

Mike9126
Wed 23 September 2009, 22:26
Hello,

I am from the Seattle Washington area and am anxious to start building. I pick up my laser cut parts this week from a fellow in Tacoma that does not have the time right now to start building. I do Electrical Engineering for my day job, designing servo controls, motor drives, and propulsion controls for car ferries and pleasure boats. I started TIG welding (hobby) about six years ago, mainly to fabricate stainless and aluminum gizmos for my sailboat. I hope to use my MM to build more boat stuff including a rowing shell. I have been toying with building a CNC machine for a long time. After spending a lot of time reading this forum I was hooked. I would enjoy meeting other Seattle area builders.

buibui
Wed 23 September 2009, 23:45
Welcome aboard, Mike...Sounds like you'll be one of the few who won't be worried about tackling the electrical portion of the build!:)

I'm one of several in the Seattle area too, and though I'm not completely done I'd be happy to help and meet other builders in the area. Good luck on yours!

(Is it just me, or do these builds tend to pop up in local clusters??)

sailfl
Thu 24 September 2009, 05:28
Mike,

Sound like you have the skill set and experience that will make building a MM easier than some of us.

Good luck with your build.

Details on your sail boat, please?

domino11
Thu 24 September 2009, 06:44
Welcome Mike
Nice to see some more Engineering types around. :)