PDA

View Full Version : New from Illinois-USA

matt-CNC
Wed 23 September 2009, 12:57
Hello. I am new to everything involved in CNC. I have an architectural background and want to start a design firm. I know I will need a CNC machine to produce items with speed and accuracy. BUT, I am extremely intimidated with the process of building my own!!!! Hopefully, the architecture training will come through, but the electrical portion seems the most intimidating.

Robert M
Wed 23 September 2009, 13:31
Welcom to this group Matt,
Not to worry, most newcomers/newbee are just like you, very intimidated with the electrical part of this.
I was one of them, now at the time I’m replying to you, I’m taking a coffe break of just doing that....the electrical part of my control box for the past few days :o:eek:
Tedious process, complex to some degree but bottom line not so complicated. Do lots of reading in this forum.
TONES of knowledge have been written on the subject her !.
I must say I knew nothing about CNC controllers before this, know….still hesitant, lacking a bit of confidence but deep down I fell this will be all & all V-fine !
Read, read, and more reading, then you’ll find out it is not so intimidating
Good luck in your new business venture & with your MechMate project.
Amicalement, Robret ;)

sailfl
Wed 23 September 2009, 13:33
Matt,

Welcome to MM experience.

Almost everyone that decides to build a MM has some areas that they have little or no experience. Some of us, like me have multiple area of no experience but with the help of others on this site and the great plans and advise, we have built our machines.

Go for it. You will not be sorry.

Download and print the plans, read the threads and good luck.

domino11
Wed 23 September 2009, 13:43
Matt,
Welcome. Many have had the electrical as their main worry, and they have succeeded. Don't worry there are some here that like the electrical stuff. :)