PDA

View Full Version : Small Redwood Signs!

Jayson
Sun 09 August 2009, 04:31
Been doing some more signs. this time a little of redgum routing.

The first was the Pups bar sign, the letters are 120 mm high complete sign is 1200mm x 190mm.

The disabled toilets sign was a few days later. The letters are 40mm high and complete sign is 330mm x 82mm.

I was impressed by the overall results. Will do more red gum in the future.

Gerald once a build is complete would you rather these type of posts be placed directly into the Showroom thread to save you having to copy them there and also save a little room?

Thanks,

Jayson

Gerald D
Sun 09 August 2009, 07:52
Jayson, the choice is yours on where to place the posts. It is a bit less work if you place them direct to the Showroom, but if you want to have a collection of work in your own thread then you need to place them here.

MattyZee
Sun 09 August 2009, 08:30
You seem to have a couple of friends with bars, i hope they shout you a few drinks after you make them signs like that. they look great.
Iit might be nice if you could give a brief description of cutter type(s), feedrate, depth per pass, total time cutting etc. (if you don't mind sharing those details)

Besser
Sun 09 August 2009, 22:46
Jayson, I love the redgum! it's such a dense wood and the finish you achieved is really clean considering the transitions you made across the grain. (Maybe some gold inlay would make it POP!

Your getting into the signs, are there any tips for the group?