PDA

View Full Version : Forum acting funny in the last two days?

Gerald D
Sun 09 August 2009, 08:17
Who has noticed funny forum behaviour in the last 2 days?

1. Somebody mailed me asking why his post (with 5 attachments) was deleted.

2. I followed a link and discovered I needed to log in again

3. A thread appears to have locked itself

I did make a change behind the scenes yesterday; the profiles of users now display differently, as per the latest vBulletin. But I can't see how that gives us these weird issues?

Gerald D
Sun 09 August 2009, 08:48
When I follow the link in this post (http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28616&postcount=63):

. . . . the same issue as here (http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1835). Table moves . . . . .

. . . . then I am shown as logged out when viewing that page. Anyone else have this?

servant74
Sun 09 August 2009, 08:55
As a hard core software geek in a former life, I can sympathize with all your software issues. ... Software support is intuition, education, inspiration, and art and luck (even for those of us with Compuer Science degrees). All that to say, all your effort is appreciated.

This is why I am interested in building a MM. At least the problems should be more 'concrete' with a 'concrete' cause and effect.

sailfl
Sun 09 August 2009, 09:25
Gerald,

Did you add similar threads to the bottom? That has only appeared in the last few days.

Gerald D
Sun 09 August 2009, 09:36
The "Similar Threads" has been there for about a week - just seeing if it has any value here.

Robert M
Sun 09 August 2009, 12:47
On at least twice everyday lately, nothing noticable from my side ;)

bfauska
Sun 09 August 2009, 14:13
I've noticed nothing other than my linked photo issue in my thread but I don't think that was the forum I think I tried something that just isn't compatible, and I've been HEAVILY looking around the forum for the past several days.

Jay W
Sun 09 August 2009, 14:50
So far I haven't noticed anything either, and I'm on at least twice a day also.

domino11
Sun 09 August 2009, 16:24
Gerald,
I have noticed on following some links that I had to re login to see the pictures. This had happened to me even before the upgrade. It was infrequent though.

bradm
Sun 09 August 2009, 17:57
Yes, the logged out effect happens to me, although it's been pretty consistent every time I hit one of those links to another thread or post, since I first started using the forums. Also, those links open in a new window for me in firefox on a mac.

MattyZee
Sun 09 August 2009, 18:53
Gerald, that locked thread happened about a week ago, but as i hadn't heard from the Nixons i assume they had left the forum and asked to close the thread. But then they re-posted so i asked the question.

The link works fine for me. No re-logging in. It might be a browswer cookies security thing.