PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - Wylie, USA

Todd Fox
Thu 09 July 2009, 02:16
Hello to MechMate Forums. I go by Paragon to put it simple and have a passion for building unique things. I've a couple of projects I'm putting together for future prosperity and hope to find some guideance amoung fellow enthusiast.
I find myself in need of a cnc machine to take part in my planning. I dont require a $10,000 machine to make a few prototypes to see if my venture is profitable nor would I consider having an outside source do my machining. My father is a retired machinist of 28 years at Dupont TX. I started with manual engine lathes and became a CNC and NC operator at various companies throughout my time as a machinist. Between the two of us we have over fifty years experiance. We can handle it.
I own and operate my own construction company now and have found time to play with these projects that I've wanted to produce for some time. The ecomony has caused some big drawlbacks in my field. The small companies are hit the hardest by CNN stats but I can testify first hand in my field of construction it's slow.
So that's my introduction. Hope to share any thoughts with a good band of brothers or sisters who enjoy life and what they do.

Gerald D
Thu 09 July 2009, 05:06
Welcome Paragon, you and your father sound 120% qualified to knock a MM together by winter! :D

Todd Fox
Thu 09 July 2009, 14:31
Thank you for the invite. I'll pass that on to Pops. I'm estimated to complete my cnc plans way before winter. Of course I'd perfer winter or this summer heat in my garage. I expect I'll need some quideance when it comes to the setup for the motors and controllers, software prior to production. I can fab well enough and my computer skills are advanced enough. My learning curve I expect will come with the final assembly and computer intergration of my machine. I'll have a list of questions I'm sure at a later date. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks