PDA

View Full Version : Joining Rack with Excess 3M Double Sided Tape

KenC
Tue 07 July 2009, 08:52
Hi,
Did anyone tried joining racks with 3M double sided tape instead of welding? I am thinking that there will definately be lots of excess tape, maybe can use them productively.

Cheers

domino11
Tue 07 July 2009, 08:56
I think the compliance of the tape would be a problem keeping the rack properly registered from piece to piece. When you apply force to the racks the tape would move slightly. I would weld as per the plans and use the tape only to mount the racks. :)

KenC
Tue 07 July 2009, 09:12
thanks Heath, wonder where else I can put these tape on MM to good use... There will be quite a bit of excess...

Kobus_Joubert
Tue 07 July 2009, 09:43
Just put some on the chair in front of the workin MM....I can sit and watch this machine do it's thing for hours...:D

Doug_Ford
Tue 07 July 2009, 14:30
I gave some to my wife and told her it was chewing gum. Alas, her jaw muscles are so over developed from billions of hours of talking that the tape just wasn't strong enough to hold her mouth shut. :D

J.R. Hatcher
Tue 07 July 2009, 15:02
Doug have you got the mm forum password protected with an impossible to break password ...... I sorry for even thinking you didn't ... because no man in his right mind would say that without it .... sorry :D

domino11
Wed 08 July 2009, 20:19
Brave Man! :)