PDA

View Full Version : Laser cut and formed parts - Australia

MattyZee
Mon 15 June 2009, 21:54
Hi Fellow Aussies.

I am considering doing a bulk buy of laser cut and formed MechMate kits and distributing them within Australia. If anyone is interested, let me know and i will get a price to you. Once i can gauge interested I will get a firm quote for the parts and shipping will be added on top of that.

Let me know!

C'mon Aussies, get building!

mrghm
Tue 16 June 2009, 00:44
i will be keen depeding on the price.

pinkjas
Tue 16 June 2009, 05:19
make that 2...

MattyZee
Wed 17 June 2009, 23:42
Ok guys, what options are you after?

-Economy set (no cable tray brackets, non geared motor mounts)
-Full options set (both X&Y cable tray brackets, geared motor mounts)
-Grinding skate?

Cheers

Matt

shaper
Thu 18 June 2009, 05:47
Matt

I'm definitely interested also, I'd be after the full options and the skate.

mrghm
Fri 19 June 2009, 01:28
full option plus the skate, i was actual thinking about how much effort it would be to hand make the skate.

smreish
Sat 20 June 2009, 15:03
I hand made the first beta version of the skate.
Really very easy.
--- steps:
- print out the laser skate parts in 1:1 scale on paper
- spray adhesive them to 1/4" steel plate
- drill and cut
- the 45 degree bend lines I actually cut the plate and then rewelded it back together at 45 degrees.
- assembled skate
- start grinding.

It took about a day for all of it, but back then we didn't have a skate method perfected yet.

Good luck, it's easy-as-pie.

Sean

MattyZee
Sat 20 June 2009, 18:38
I really don't think its worth the hassle of making it yourself unless you have heaps of spare time. I'm still getting a quote for you guys but my skate cost me $35 for the two parts including bending and supply of material.

In fact, if you want to buy mine you can have it for $25 (the two plates only, no bearings etc). It weighs about 1.3kg and should go in a post satchel nicely.

MattyZee
Fri 26 June 2009, 05:01
OK guys. The set of laser cut and bent parts is $485 + shipping. The grinding skate is $35 extra.

If you have a preference for shipping company (or have an account with any) thats fine. I have looked up a few online quotes and it looks like shipping to Perth/Brisbane is ~$80-$120. To Sydney/Melbourne is ~$50-$90. (Cheaper price depends if i can get the shipment <35kg)

Let me know if you're still interested and i'll give you payment details.

MattyZee
Sat 27 June 2009, 17:25
I must have missed this post (http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1823) a few weeks ago. Looks like Rick from Vic can get the parts for only $410.

While i can't vouch for the quality of the parts personally, Rick seems happy with them. I already have my parts so i was only trying to help out others having difficulty getting reasonably priced parts.

If for any reason you can't/dont want to get them from Ricks supplier, i'm still happy to supply the parts at the above price.

rnixon
Mon 20 July 2009, 20:49
Just about to place an order for laser cut parts - cost $410 ex Melbourne.
Includes all parts, all bending, skates. Universal motor mounts.
Looking at modified skate - details to come.
Let me know if you are interested.
Rick

AuS MaDDoG
Mon 20 July 2009, 21:04
Hi Rick,

As per the other thread I have posted in, count me in for a complete kit of laser cut parts. I would require freight to Brisbane as well.
Let me know when you are ready with regards to payment.
Definitely count me in though, great quality and great price!!

Cheers & Thanks
Tony. aka AuS MaDDoG

sprayhead
Wed 22 July 2009, 05:12
Matt,

I want a skate! could you check the price for me, all the parts + bending as well.

To Sydney.

Thanks,
Francis

rnixon
Wed 22 July 2009, 15:02
Attached files of modifed skate - thanks to Chris.
It allows for Hitachi grinders, although should be able to be drilled for others without too much trouble.
looking to place an order for parts today - will get in contact with those that have shown interest :)
(still learning how to operate forum - over the age of 20 seems to slow you down)
Rick

jude
Mon 27 July 2009, 17:48
Rick,

Can you count me in for the laser cut parts, including skates. Post to Sydney. Email me for details.

Thanks,

Jude

Besser
Wed 29 July 2009, 09:52
Better late then never, better count me in for a set!

Please contact me.

Besser
Wed 29 July 2009, 09:56
Maybe we should look at a bulk buy on the rack! It's exe so we need to do the deal!

David T.
Sat 08 August 2009, 18:47
Hi Rick,
As indicated by a previous post #16, am I too late, if not I would also like to purchase a set of cut and bent parts including the skate (is it to the latest mod as nominated in your #14 post).
I am located to the west of Melbourne CBD and could pick up parts if that would be convienient?
David T.

matthewm
Sat 24 October 2009, 15:46
Gday, I would be interested in a full kit. please send me more info when you know more! matthewmalone@gmail.com

Besser
Sun 25 October 2009, 23:48
Matt, last batch Rick ordered was months ago. I talked to him Friday and he's busy at work and doesnt even have time for his own MM.

Matt, I would suggest getting a group of guys together of 4 or more and asking Rick's supplier (located Moorabbin Melbourne) for a batch. There is economy of scale with this.

Good luck.

PS When you said a full kit, apart from the laser cut and bent parts what were you thinking of?

JJ Glass
Mon 04 January 2010, 01:04
would be interested in a kit.... can anybody tell me where to order it

MattyZee
Mon 04 January 2010, 03:58
Hey Jo,
Got your PM, Rick (rnixon) is the guy want to contact for the set of cut and bent parts.

Good luck with your build

rnixon
Sun 31 January 2010, 01:07
I have ordered another batch of laser cut parts - available ex Melb.
Cost is still $410 per set, inc grinding skates.
Postage & packing available.:)
regards,
Rick

r0bs
Sat 04 June 2011, 06:21
Rick,

I'd like a set of these as long as they are bent as well as cut.
Postage to Kallangur (QLD) 4503.
Slow mail is OK.
Regards,

Rob