PDA

View Full Version : Hi from OZ

hilux
Fri 12 June 2009, 20:52
I have been doing a lot of research on different sites and keep coming back here. I hope to start building soon but need to get my head around the electronics part of the build. I will understand eventually by the informative posts on this forum.
Cheers

MattyZee
Mon 15 June 2009, 21:48
Hey Kaboom, welcome. If you stick to the plans and the info provided here on the forum you shouldn't have any problems. And theres plenty of people to help.
I recommend buying the Gecko 203V's and the PMDX board from the US. Everything else can be easily sourced locally.
I'm hoping to wire my electronics control box this weekend and will post as much info as i can. I hope it helps.

hilux
Tue 16 June 2009, 05:46
Thanks for the welcome MattyZee,
Thank you for the advice on the Gecko 203V's and the PMDX board from the US.
I will check them out. I have been leaning toward the Gecko 540. Any links to the PMDX board?
I find the more i visit and read Forums and Supplier sites that i am slowly getting a handle on the electronics side of things.
Cheers

jhiggins7
Tue 16 June 2009, 05:50
Kaboom,

Here's the link for the PMDX-122 (http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-122/).

Happy building!:)

shaper
Thu 18 June 2009, 23:19
Hi Kaboom

Just thought I'd add another aussie welcome to the list, I'm currently working my way to finalising my electronics order but have in my possesion a G540 which I'll be using for my build, also have the motors floating around, so that way is also possible though not as common as the G203 and pmdx route depends really on what you are wanting to achieve.

Jed

mrghm
Fri 19 June 2009, 01:33
hey guys,

just saying that i am also been hanging around, the quality of the machines being built on this site is of the highest standard.

i am unsure that my machine will be of equal quality.

i am from the northern beaches of sydney and have a old school joiner shop that does soild timber work and commerical wall panels. our factory is 450m2 as we do mostly site work.

i am currenlty purchasing a older point to point machine but also would like to build a mechmate, i am unsure of the table size yet but now with other ozzys on the site group buys will be good.

thanks

Kobus_Joubert
Fri 19 June 2009, 23:26
Hi Gareth. Welcome and good luck when you start to build. My brother in law is in Sydney. He was around when I did my build. Helped with some welding and the final assembly of the beast. Once you get that far he could maybe give you a hand