PDA

View Full Version : Ny, Usa

cyborgcnc
Wed 27 May 2009, 17:01
Hi All,

I just wanted to say Hi to the group here, and that I am looking forward to seeing some of the great builds done.

A bit of an introduction: I am not new to CNC, as I build my own machine (out of wood) about 3 years ago, and I have been using it to build guitars with it. Quite slow, but gets the job done, and allowed me to learn the whole process.

I use Solidworks for Modeling, Mach3, and MasterCam for machining. I am looking to create a faster, and sturdier machine, as I have outgrown the one I have. You can see some more of the stuff I do at my website...

http://www.cncguitar.org:7171.

I am also active on the cnczone forums, and les-paul forums, as my favorite guitar of all time is a '59 les paul.

Looking forward to learning, but also contributing where I can on this community!

:)

Kobus_Joubert
Wed 27 May 2009, 22:56
Welcome, and I am sure that if you follow the plans you end up with a machine that will cover your needs for a lot of years to come. Good looking guitars you are making.

sailfl
Thu 28 May 2009, 04:08
Welcome. I have looked at your site before. I would like to build a Tenor Guitar some time down the road. You will be happy with a MM build.

domino11
Thu 28 May 2009, 06:51
Welcome,
CNC for guitars is very interesting. I play guitar, well sort of play, in my free time as well. I love the Les Paul style. :)