PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaw Puzzle

jms0401
Wed 22 April 2009, 13:01
I'm currently looking for some software or file that I can use to create a jigsaw puzzle on my CNC.. All I really need is a lay out that I can apply to my computer to tell it what size I want each piece and the lenght and width of the material I will be cutting any help would be help.
Thank you

domino11
Wed 22 April 2009, 13:38
JS,
Have you tried CNCZone? They cater more to that kind of stuff. We focus mostly on the building of the Mechmate CNC router here. :)

sailfl
Wed 22 April 2009, 15:07
Heath,

The reason there has been a focus on the machines is because we have not had a lot of machines like other sites. I hope that eventually we will have the same need for people to be wanting to know how to cut different things. If we only build and never have threads about cutting or materials or bits or designs, we will not last a long time or we will lose the MM users that we have.

That is one MM's opinion. What do you think Gerald?

domino11
Wed 22 April 2009, 18:31
Nils,
I was not saying we should not have that kind of content, but rather to answer JS's question, there is more info of that kind on CNCZone at the moment. I dont know of any posts that meet his requirement here at the present time. :)

Gerald D
Wed 22 April 2009, 22:48
Nils, if someone does not have the intent to actually build a MechMate, I would prefer that they do not post here. I do not want this forum to become a second-rate CNCzone, and I am quite happy that folk drift away after having built their machine (as harsh as that may sound).

hennie
Thu 23 April 2009, 00:33
Wat wou!. Oom ,Heath as you know what is going on at cnc zone get me some info on that puzzle files and post it here, I would like to cut some for my kids.

Lex
Thu 23 April 2009, 01:41
Hennie, jy speel alweer met die leeu se k... Leer ook nie!;)

domino11
Thu 23 April 2009, 07:28
Hennie,
Try this link at the zone.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5276&highlight=puzzle+dxf

also check your pm. :)

hennie
Thu 23 April 2009, 07:47
Thanks!

galito_za
Thu 23 April 2009, 09:59
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Games/Puzzles/Jigsaw_Puzzle_Lite.html