PDA

View Full Version : New to the site but excited - Alberta, Canada

Bl4zer
Sat 18 April 2009, 20:04
Hi all, I'm new to the site, just poking around for now but I'm going to start planning my first project soon. The mechmate definitely looks like the right machine for me, nice community you have here, I'm looking forward to becoming a part of it. Now to go back to reading and getting things sorted in my mind.

sailfl
Sun 19 April 2009, 02:01
Bl4zer,

Welcome to the site. Gerald has provided almost every thing you need to build a great CNC machine. You will find help if you ask for it and you will find that we are interested in how you are buiding your machine. There is a lot of reading and when you are ready download the plans and look over them carefully. If you havn't figured it out, get your digital camera out. We like to see lots of pictures.

Good luck with your build.

domino11
Sun 19 April 2009, 19:12
Bl4zer
Welcome, another fellow Canadian! :) Seems like interest is staring to build with the Canadian guys. Must be all the warm weather we have right now. :)

Nils, I guess that would be cold weather for you southern US guys though. :)

Bl4zer
Sun 19 April 2009, 23:20
Well right now I'm in the planning stages, I'm hoping to start construction this winter. I've also convinced my brother to jump on board which is great as he's a welder so it should be a good time. For now I'm just going to lurk and learn. Thanks all.