PDA

View Full Version : Wood plague

ekdenton
Wed 21 May 2008, 17:23
I did a little plaque for my wife, she is a park ranger at the White Sands Natl. Mon. I made if from some left over bubinga wood that I had used on a guitar. It looks really nice, but I can see some small flaws with the carving. The second cutt pass on the lettering was off slightly. I am not sure what caused that. I am in the shortest spring tension holes for the motor springs, wonder if it would help to tighten those up to the middle hole? Anything else I might check?

sailfl
Wed 21 May 2008, 17:59
Ed,

It looks very nice.

Robert M
Wed 21 May 2008, 19:12
I can only imagine how your hart started racing when you saw the first « steps » of your new MM !!
Now, you fell joy after so many efforts inn for this new beast to work & at the same time worry about you little mishap &!?
Surly your wife will still be trill & grateful !

Wishing you success with your new toy.
That is… a toy only for grown boys :D
Robert ;)

ekdenton
Fri 23 May 2008, 10:44
Thanks, I will either get some removable locktite or order the self locking ones, I sure don't need that to happen on an expensive wood project.

Cutting wonderfull now, it is amazing the detail that the vcarve did on the park service logo trees , mountain, and arrowhead. Lettering is good now also. A little final sanding and a tung oil finish and it will be ready.