PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cut and Bent Parts - United States

jbmclain
Mon 08 September 2008, 21:37
MetalHead now supplies these parts !!!

Let MetalHead know if you need MechMate parts in the United States !!!

Laser Cut and Bent Parts
Machined Parts
Other MechMate Parts

Just send me a PM or an email and I will get you what you need.

Mike

Delamination
Wed 10 September 2008, 15:44
Do you have two extra sets available? I am sitting here trying to figure out how to reduce the costs with the quotes I've gotten, and in the balance between getting the experience of sourcing parts vs getting the thing built, I am starting to lean heavily towards actually doing something.

jbmclain
Wed 10 September 2008, 17:05
Travis, I ordered about 5 extra sets this time. Two of them are yours. Just PM me your info so I can figure what the shipping will be to you.

Joe

PEU
Mon 15 September 2008, 20:13
What is the net weight of all the parts? I want to have a cost reference with parts done locally. Thanks

Delamination
Mon 15 September 2008, 21:07
Got the parts today. Thanks Joe.

UPS managed to damage the car main plate, but it should be fixable.

Delamination
Wed 17 September 2008, 07:29
Hey Joe - there are always ways to improve, which is what makes engineering, building things and just doing stuff fun.

For me, the minor inconvenience of a few dings is well worth it. The best quote I got for two sets was $760/set, of unknown quality (they probably would've been fine, but you never know until you actually order).

So I appreciate what you are doing, because it has helped me over a big hurdle towards the finish line of making dust!

My buddy who is making the other MM is a mechanical guy (I am electrical/software), and he was impressed with the quality of the parts and with the design.

smreish
Wed 17 September 2008, 18:54
...okay - I welded the gantry for Nils machine today. The fit on your parts joe is outstanding. I hate admitting the machine I am helping build is better than my own :( Nice parts.

jbmclain
Wed 17 September 2008, 19:35
I'll make sure that gets back to the Laser/ fabricators that I use.

Joe

sailfl
Thu 18 September 2008, 00:41
Joe,

Thanks again for the great parts. The gantry looks very sharp because the parts fit together so well. Yes, please tell your supplier that we like what they are doing.

baseball43v3r
Thu 18 September 2008, 01:27
thanks for the parts Joe, they came in pristine condition (with a set of bearings included?)! your laser cutter did an excellent job, looking forward to putting these to use!

midmod
Thu 18 September 2008, 14:54
parts are beautiful. "snap" together perfectly. definitely a good investment and time saver. thanks again

vishnu
Thu 18 September 2008, 22:09
Vishnu, if you add a tiny "profit", some strong packaging, about $5 per kilogram airfare (that includes the kilos of the packaging), freight agents, customs, VAT, many hours on paperwork and e-mails, then you will be well over the $400. But, if you want to pursue it, please don't use Joe's thread.

You are right Gerald on the cost break-up which i have not added. I had quoted them for indication purpose only and not for commercial puposes, its for our builders to have an idea on the pricing.

Vishnu

Greg J
Sat 27 September 2008, 09:04
Joe,

Received the parts. Everything looks good and high quality. Thanks for all your help and hard work.

Got a chuckle out of the "Fragile - Handle with Care" stickers. :)

jbmclain
Sat 27 September 2008, 17:24
That is the only way I can keep the UPS Guys from dropping the boxes. I am working on getting a double walled corrugated box produced, so there is no rattle room.
I should get them next week.:)

I still have a few more sets available. If anyone is interested, send me a PM with all of your shipping info.

Gerald D
Sat 27 September 2008, 21:41
Note to self: Have to bear in mind that there is a special box - cannot casually increase the big dimensions in later revisions :)

Greg J
Sat 27 September 2008, 23:55
Joe,

Just for your reference: The shipping box was is great shape. If all shipments were in the same shape, I wouldn't change a thing.

jbmclain
Sun 28 September 2008, 06:11
The box I was using was a standard size box that I could order off line.
With the last revision to the Y-car pushed me out of the box. The next size that I could find was too big in every direction. hence I had to seek out a local box maker. The price per box is about $2 more.
It is that 1% that writes back to say that something was bent during shipping(but was fixable), to make doing this worth while.

Gerald D
Sun 28 September 2008, 09:59
. . . the last revision to the Y-car pushed me out of the box.

Sorry about that :o
(folded lip for the pushbutton box)

domino11
Sun 28 September 2008, 17:53
Gerald,
Oh well, I think it is worth it for the tab? I guess I will have to figure out a way to ship those too.:)

Riz
Tue 14 October 2008, 13:00
Hi joe riz from lowell ma was woundering if you could hook me up with the contact info to buy the laser and bent parts for the mechmate a phone # or webb address would do thanks riz

jbmclain
Tue 14 October 2008, 13:47
Riz,
I have three more sets to sell.:) E-mail me your shipping address so I can get shipping quote. 1mclain@bellsouth.net

Joe

Conrado_Navarro
Mon 20 October 2008, 13:33
I want the laser cut & bend set anyone can help? please
Im in Sonora, Mexico . PM me

Riz
Wed 22 October 2008, 17:31
Joe just recieved the laser cut parts today.WOW! I am very impressed. Not one damaged and the quality is excellent.thank you again riz

Riz
Wed 22 October 2008, 17:41
Conrado talk to( jmbclain) I just recieved the laser cut parts from joe in sweet home alabama. I think he may have some kits. The quality is excellent. Hope this can help you. riz

jbmclain
Wed 22 October 2008, 19:34
Riz,
I’m glad that everything arrived in tact.

I made another order today. So, those thinking of starting their MM, Parts will ready in a couple of weeks.
For those people who are interested, Please email me all your shipping address info. so I can calculate shipping charges.

Unfortunately, shipping outside the U.S. cost waaaaaaaaaaay to much. The people at the UPS store said that the weight was the thing that is killing me.:rolleyes:

Joe

kanankeban
Thu 23 October 2008, 01:30
Hi Joe...
I ordered the parts from you on may...i left the project in stand by but now I ready to start, the parts you send me where i think mamba parts, i just want to know if the parts are the same as the newest sets or if there has been changes?
Kindest Regards,
Hector

Conrado_Navarro
Thu 23 October 2008, 10:17
Hi Joe:
I wonder how much is waaay to much.
I think i can handle it, I have not seen another way to get my set

best regards

jbmclain
Thu 23 October 2008, 20:55
I will check with the US Mail Service.
UPS had a quote in the uppper $300.00 range.
Normal shipping to California is in the $70.00 range.
That is what I consiter Waaaaaay too much.

I will shoot you a PM tomorrow when I find something out.

Joe

Conrado_Navarro
Fri 24 October 2008, 09:29
Joe
I have Family in Phoenix, I visit them quite often
i did not thought about that

Conrado_Navarro
Fri 24 October 2008, 11:32
This is my Zip Code in USA
AZ 85044

jbmclain
Fri 24 October 2008, 18:39
Conrado,
I just sent you an email with all the details.

Glad to have you on board.
Joe

kanankeban
Fri 24 October 2008, 19:53
Hi Joe...
I ordered the parts from you on may...i left the project in stand by but now I ready to start, the parts you send me where i think mamba parts, i just want to know if the parts are the same as the newest sets or if there has been changes?
Kindest Regards,
Hector

Any comment?:rolleyes:

Conrado_Navarro
Sat 25 October 2008, 09:01
Thank you Joe
I`m glad to be here

I dont recive your email yet
confirm my email conrado_navarro@hotmail.com
or conrado_navarro@yahoo.com

sailfl
Sat 25 October 2008, 13:17
Hector

The mamba parts should be good.

jbmclain
Sat 25 October 2008, 16:21
The parts are all basicly the same. The Main Car Plate has a small tab that is a mount for a e-stop box.
I also added four 1/4inch washers for the feet and a beefier box to ship everything in.
I peronaly am using The Classic Version, because I purched it a few years ago and I couldn't waste it.

Good luck with your build.
Joe

Conrado_Navarro
Mon 27 October 2008, 16:58
Conrado,
I just sent you an email with all the details.

Glad to have you on board.
Joe

Hey Joe:
I did not recive the mail
could you please re-send it please :o?
I`ll apreciatte it

Best Regards
Conrad

jbmclain
Mon 27 October 2008, 20:58
Conrado,
I just sent you a Email.
Let me know if you don't get it.

Joe

jbmclain
Sat 15 November 2008, 11:13
I am picking up another set of parts from the Laser/ Fabricators on Monday!:)
I have about three extra sets available if anyone is ready for them.
They are $448.00 plus shipping.
If you want a set, email or PM me your complete shipping address so I can see what shipping is to you.

Joe
1mclain@bellsouth.net

MetalHead
Wed 19 November 2008, 18:41
Well went by and met Joe. Had a great visit and I am sure we will chat a lot in the future !! I now have my first pile of MM parts.. So I am in for sure. I am on to sourcing some of the steel through my local channels !! Great to meet you Joe !!!

jrabeneck
Thu 20 November 2008, 03:27
Got my Mamba parts from Joe yesterday. The fit and finish is outstanding. I am gathering parts for upgrading a PR 96 Shopbot machine.

jbmclain
Fri 21 November 2008, 18:46
Since I saw J.R.'s Leg Levelers I knew I had to have/make them. And I did!
I have included four 3" round disk in last 20 sets I've sent out.
The Manufacture of the rubber part has agreed to sell them to me for about (parts$ + shipping$ =) $1.50 each.

I ordered 120 pieces so let me know if you are interested.

Joe

Rad Racer
Sat 22 November 2008, 21:52
Hi Joe,

Got my parts a couple days ago....love'em. Very well made.

I wondered what the disks were for, thought they might be feet. I am interested in the rubber parts to complete the feet....$1.50ea is reasonable.

Wayne

J.R. Hatcher
Sun 23 November 2008, 06:39
Joe I thought about making the hole in the 3" disk so it could be threaded. This would eliminate the nut and allow it to bottom out much nicer on the leg.
I used a Forster bit and increased the depth of the recess in the rubber foot maybe 1/8" so the head of the bolt couldn't bottom out over time.
When I had the machine all level, I went back and measured the gap between the disk and the leg and cut pieces of 3/4" ID water pipe and installed them to make it stronger. The 1/2" bolt alone looked a little dinky to me.
A link for more detail http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4209&postcount=81

domino11
Sun 23 November 2008, 18:50
JR,
What if you used a Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolt? Wouldnt that be strong enough? Gerald what are your thoughts on the bolt strength?

robertmonroe
Mon 24 November 2008, 23:03
I need some laser cut parts for one MechMate.

Robert Turner
El Paso, Texas

I'm also looking to buy any other parts and components used in building a MechMate.

jbmclain
Tue 25 November 2008, 10:59
Robert, I just sent you a P.M.

jbmclain
Wed 03 December 2008, 16:40
Currently I have 8 sets of parts that are ready to go.:D
If you are interested in a set? $454.00 plus Shipping.
Shoot me a email at 1mclain@bellsouth.net with all your shipping info. so I can calculate shipping to you.

Thanks
Joe

bradm
Wed 03 December 2008, 17:27
Hey Joe, if you don't mind sharing, how many sets of parts have passed through you? You must be responsible for a few dozen machines by now?

jbmclain
Wed 03 December 2008, 18:57
I think its somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 sets. I am enjoying seeing peoples machines in the process of being made.
My build is going slowwwww. Golf is getting in my way, its the Alabama weather.:o

I'm glad to help and Keep up the good work.
Joe

BHawthorne
Fri 05 December 2008, 19:16
My set arrived today:
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18519&postcount=63

Conrado_Navarro
Fri 05 December 2008, 20:02
Hi Joe
I recived my parts today, thank you :D

Delamination
Sun 21 December 2008, 00:51
Hi Joe, I am not sure if I properly understand how the skate goes together. The two holes in M610116PB for the 1/2" height adjustment bolts seem to be laser cut at 1/2" diameter, which means they can't be tapped. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

sailfl
Sun 21 December 2008, 01:20
Travis,

Check your drawing package. There is a set of drawings that cover the parts for grinding assembly.

Gerald D
Sun 21 December 2008, 01:32
I have checked the .dxf. Those holes should be 9mm. From Travis's photo they are clearly much bigger.

A thin nut under the skate could be the fix.

sailfl
Sun 21 December 2008, 02:55
Joe,

Soon you will have to include key chains and pecan nuts with your orders! (That is a Southern thing - the nuts)

jbmclain
Sun 21 December 2008, 07:09
Yea, J.R. had me change that for him and my laser guy changed that on the master cut list.
I'll get that fixed on the next batch of parts I get cut.

I am still sitting on about 5 sets to sell if anyone wants to buy them selfs a Christmas present.?:)

The nuts idea (lol)sounds great, but the box weighs 65 pounds and that would be pushing the UPS shipping limits. Not to mention my back.

I am still looking for some parts that I can buy from local suppliers to include in the kit. You wouldn't believe the sources within a 2mile area where I work.

Delamination
Tue 23 December 2008, 20:55
Revision control was often difficult when working with vendors at my old job. I dealth with circuit boards with multiple copper and parts list revisions. Thousands of dollars of scrap through mistakes and misunderstandings (theirs and mine :( ).

711man
Thu 25 December 2008, 09:13
Joe,
I forgot to say that my laser parts arrived a few days ago. They look great! Nice touch adding the leveling feet and the MechMate logo’s. Thanks a lot!!!

BillT

jbmclain
Fri 09 January 2009, 18:23
For those wondering, I still have a few more sets left.
The Laser company and bending fabricators are moving to another location. Lucky me, they are together and closer to where I work.
So, It might be 3-4 weeks before they get everything back together and I get another batch.
Parts are currently $474.00 Plus actual shipping(64lbs).
For any questions, email me at: 1mclain@bellsouth.net

Thanks
Joe

myozman
Tue 13 January 2009, 18:42
Joe,

Thanks for sending me the Decals. Can't wait to put them on.

Mike

jbmclain
Thu 05 February 2009, 21:34
I should be getting 10 more sets back from the fabricators next week.
Parts and Logos are $474.00

Shipping charges on the average are $65.00 in the lower 48 States for a 65lb box.
I wish that I could help outside the US, but shipping is as much or more than the parts.

For those people sitting on the fence wanting to buy or if you contacted me and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Shoot me a email at: 1mclain@bellsouth.net

This should be about 80 sets sold so far.:D
That's a lot of dead lifts.

Thanks
Joe

MetalHead
Fri 06 February 2009, 05:58
Now I get it!! Since you are a fitness guru extrodinare..:) ... This is how you get to justify being in the "Shop"... "Honey I'm workin out, be up after while." I still owe you a visit... :)

jbmclain
Fri 06 February 2009, 06:53
My wife is pretty cool with me woodworking. I tell her it keeps me out of the bar, and its much cheaper too.;) Boy do I think, I have her fooled.:rolleyes:
Mike I should be in the shop tomorrow if you want to swing by. Give me a shout first before you head my way.

Joe

woodlab
Sat 21 February 2009, 13:51
Sorry for the newbie question, but what pre-fabbed parts are included in these packages? I'm looking to build a MM, but I prefer to not get into the fabrication of parts. Assembly I can do...but fab...no thanks.

jbmclain
Sun 22 February 2009, 04:31
Just to let you know, the kit that I am selling is all the laser cut parts under the “Full Options” Colum. I have also included 5 MechMate Logos, 8 sealed bearing for the rail skate, and DIY Leg Leveler parts.
You will still need to order your steel for the table and gantry. If you don’t have access to a mill, you might commission someone in the forum to mill out a few extras.
I am having a few internet issues that won’t let me send large files at the moment. If you would like I can send you some pictures of what is in the kit and/or post it on the forum by
Wednesday.

Joe

sailfl
Sun 22 February 2009, 05:26
Jake

If you have been looking at the forum and users build, you will see the parts that Joe is talking about. There have been lots of pictures of them. Joe has very good tolerance in his parts and the price and delivery are excellent.

Joe, that ought to get some points for any thing I need in the future!! :D

J.R. Hatcher
Sun 22 February 2009, 07:37
Joe I didn't know you were trading parts for advertising...............

BUY YOUR PARTS FROM JOE.....BUY YOUR PARTS FROM JOE.....BUY YOUR PARTS FROM JOE.....BUY YOUR PARTS FROM JOE.....

There, that should be good enough for 1 complete set. Ship them to Wilmington, NC ;)

oops forgot about shipping ........................BUY YOUR PARTS FROM JOE.....

Gerald D
Sun 22 February 2009, 07:46
Sorry for the newbie question, but what pre-fabbed parts are included in these packages? I'm looking to build a MM, but I prefer to not get into the fabrication of parts. Assembly I can do...but fab...no thanks.

Nobody is sending out parts that are sawn, or welded, or drilled, or thread tapped, or cleaned, or painted. If that sounds like too much work for you, then a MechMate is not your solution.

jbmclain
Sun 22 February 2009, 08:11
J.R. You are cracking me up. You must be a Doctor too because, I am feeling a little under the weather and all of a sudden I'm starting to feel better.:D

Sean is waiting to see what I do with my spindle. To tell you the truth, So am I.

But if you need a set I always keep a few on hand.
I'm just glad to be a service to you guys.

Joe

J.R. Hatcher
Sun 22 February 2009, 08:19
Just throw the extra cash ($275.00 for the office visit) right in the box with the free parts. :D Sorry about not being setup to take your insurance card. :p

jbmclain
Sun 22 February 2009, 17:17
I will have to pay you when I get my stemuless check.;)
I would sell a kidney, but you would charge me more money to take it out.
Lord I can see it now.... The Mechmate with a scaple atatched to it.:eek:

venomxx
Sun 01 March 2009, 16:29
hi,
Do you have pictures of a complete CNC with this set ?

domino11
Sun 01 March 2009, 18:51
Just have a look at any of the build logs in Machines already cutting, they all use the same parts. :)

jbmclain
Sun 01 March 2009, 20:44
Sorry, I have been out of town for a few days.
Heath is right, they are all the same parts everyone has been using for the past year.
When you start your build, you will be very pleased how the Y-Car just snaps together. Thanks to the hard work of our Master designer, Gerald.

thanks
joe

MetalHead
Mon 02 March 2009, 17:39
I swear I am coming over!!!! :D I have been going crazy on some plaques I did for a Wrestling tournement.

MachineMonkey
Sun 08 March 2009, 09:41
Hi Joe. Great work you're doing with this. Hope to be able to contribute in some small way myself eventually.
Can I get a price with shipping to 95818-2098 ?
This is a business address.
Thanks,
Kalo

jbmclain
Sun 08 March 2009, 20:12
Kalo, I sent you a PM.

Joe

docarter
Mon 16 March 2009, 07:54
Hi Joe,

I've decide to make me a machine. Could you please give me a quote for the following 30024-7632. This is a residence. I'm looking forward to working on this;)

jbmclain
Mon 16 March 2009, 09:21
You are in luck, I have a few sets on hand.:)

Ill send you a PM when I find out the shipping.

Thanks
Joe

docarter
Tue 17 March 2009, 13:13
Hi Joe,

Just received my package, that's some service you got:D The parts look great! I still have several more items to go before I open up my own build.
Thanks in advance for your support.

aleiprecht
Tue 21 April 2009, 14:21
Hi Joe ...

you've got mail ;)

smreish
Wed 29 April 2009, 13:33
Joe - got parts left? I'm ready for another machine.

jbmclain
Wed 29 April 2009, 20:18
You are in luck, I have a few sets available.:D
Resend me your zip so I can figure out shipping.

Joe

cvriv.charles
Mon 18 May 2009, 03:36
Wow, I thought all the lasered parts cut and bent would cost way more than that! LOL. God I cant wait to get a place to build one of these. When the time comes I will buy a set from you. I got your email saved.

smreish
Mon 18 May 2009, 05:57
Got mine in last week! Thanks Joe. Perfect as always.

jbmclain
Mon 18 May 2009, 11:42
I still have a few sets left.:)
Let me know when you get ready to start your build.

Joe

cvriv.charles
Mon 18 May 2009, 22:47
Hey thanks for the reply. If I need a few extra's pieces I could just tell you what they are and you'll take care of all that for me? I only ask because it appears you are selling the parts in kits per machine.

I'm pretty sure once I build this mechmate I will probably go ahead and build another soon after.

Gerald D
Mon 18 May 2009, 22:56
Charles, another difference with this forum is that we frown on quoting the full prior post when making a reply post. Please see: Using quotes when replying to a post - only use if essential please (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816)

cvriv.charles
Mon 18 May 2009, 23:21
Sorry GD. Wont do it again. If you catch me doing it again you can let me have it.

Now a quick question,... these parts would be made using metric or imperial? I am thinking imperial because their made within the usa. But what do I know.

Thanks.

Gerald D
Mon 18 May 2009, 23:28
The thicknesses will be closest imperial, but the 2D profile will be as per the DXF.

cvriv.charles
Tue 19 May 2009, 01:30
ok thanks gd.

edko
Tue 19 May 2009, 19:43
I want to know if you have available a kit
which is a quote and shipping
I live in Chile south america

regads Edwin :rolleyes:

gdwell77
Sun 31 May 2009, 02:36
Hi Joe,

I would like to order a kit if still available. Zip 94587.

Thanks

jbmclain
Sun 31 May 2009, 05:37
I have quite a few sets on hand. They are still $474.00 plus shipping.
Depending on type of payment, I can even have them out the same day you order.:D

With the kit that I'm supplying, you get the full options laser cut parts, 4 rubber feet and disc, 8 bearings for the rail skate, and 5 Mechmate Logos.

I have shipped out over 80 sets so far. I feel that between the laser and fab guys, UPS, and myself have it down now.:)

Joe McLain

smreish
Sun 31 May 2009, 05:42
Also, those extra's in the box are well worth it. Those on the fence, get on it! Summer's here and perfect time for a fun project!

cvriv.charles
Mon 01 June 2009, 05:07
I'm definitely getting mine very soon. Just need to move into my new house first. Save a lot for me joe:)

jbmclain
Mon 01 June 2009, 14:55
Just let me know when you get ready.

Joe

bolingerbe
Sat 13 June 2009, 14:05
Joe,

I am looking at gethering the parts to start my CNC project and would like the price for shipping to 37716.

bolingerbe
Sat 13 June 2009, 14:07
Joe,

Sorry i forgot my e-mail address it is bolingerb(at)yahoo.com.

Thanks
Bryan

jbmclain
Sat 13 June 2009, 14:19
Bryan, I just emailed you.:D

Joe

jammer3808
Fri 17 July 2009, 16:51
I am interested in purchasing a set of parts ... I live in Philadelphia, Pa. 19153. I would have them shipped directly to my work ... could you give me the current rates ... my email is joseph.marchesani(at)hotmail.com ...

jbmclain
Fri 17 July 2009, 19:36
Jammer, I just sent you an email on parts and shipping.

To those who are needing parts, I have about 5 sets on hand with Leg Levelers and MechMate Logos included.

Thanks
Joe

jammer3808
Thu 23 July 2009, 05:51
I received my parts yesterday ... they are just great !!! The cuts and bends are nicely done ... I made the right choice buying from you, Joe ... Thank you so much !!! I will keep everyone posted with my build ...

custum_p
Tue 04 August 2009, 21:16
Hi Joe

I was woundering if you steal have any kits left. 56201 castroruss74(at)yahoo.com

Thanks
Russ

jbmclain
Wed 05 August 2009, 03:11
Russ I just sent you an email.:)

Joe

custum_p
Wed 05 August 2009, 09:07
Joe thanks for getting back to me. Yes I would like to have one of your kits

Thank
Russ

bfauska
Thu 06 August 2009, 09:49
Joe, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my parts next week, but in the mean time I'm mostly done with building my table, I'd love to know the thread size on the leveling feet so I could tap my bottom plates, I'm using tube instead of channel for the legs so I can't do an interior nut.

Thanks,
Brian

jbmclain
Thu 06 August 2009, 10:09
The hole size in the 3" discs are 1/2".
You will have to povive the bolts.

On the road to Forida!:D

Will give more info when back.

Joe

jbmclain
Wed 19 August 2009, 12:06
And then there were nine sets left.

I have sold over 120 sets so far and I feel that its time to pass the torch off to someone else and focus more on my MechMate.
Plus my house needs the money that I have invested in production and stockpiling of parts. They need to go.

For the rest of August Ill pay for your shipping!(within the lower 48 states)
All you have to pay is $474.00. They will probably go out the same day that you order.

It has been a pleasure
Joe

Gerald D
Wed 19 August 2009, 13:56
Thanks for carrying the torch so well!

bradm
Wed 19 August 2009, 14:21
Wow! Joe, it was above and beyond. Thanks for the great service.

MAC2009
Sat 05 September 2009, 00:33
Joe;

Will you brake up a set as I will be cutting my own motor plates and cable management parts.

I will be making gear reduction units.
I don't know if my grinder will fit the skate parts you have, are they OEM?

My zip is 55118

Thank you MAC

kahn
Sat 05 September 2009, 11:23
Joe,
I live next door in Mississippi...I'd be interested in a set

Kahn

jbmclain
Sat 05 September 2009, 13:46
Mac, I sent you a PM.

jbmclain
Sat 05 September 2009, 13:48
Kahn, Shoot me a PM with your address. I am heading that way tomorrow to Sothern Mississippi.:D

Joe

mgandy02
Thu 17 September 2009, 14:11
Joe,

Thanks for the kit. The parts are perfect. I plan on getting them assembled this weekend and maybe cutting by the end of next week.

MAC2009
Thu 24 September 2009, 20:18
Do you have any parts sets left?
I am ready to buy If you do.
I would want the full set with the universal motor plates.

jbmclain
Thu 24 September 2009, 20:56
I still have a few more set still available.
Shoot me a PM of your shipping address so I can figure out what shipping is.

Joe

jbmclain
Wed 07 October 2009, 20:56
OK, Things seem to be picking up some. I shipped out two sets this week.
I now only have 4 more sets left to sell then I'm out for good.:(
If you are interested, drop me a p.m. and I can see what the shipping is to your door.

Joe

myozman
Thu 08 October 2009, 04:44
Joe,

First set still going, Thank's for all your help you have given to everybody in this hobby (life, passion, addiction).

Mike

narso
Mon 19 October 2009, 18:17
This is my Zip Code in USA
TX 75065

jbmclain
Mon 19 October 2009, 21:01
Ned, I just sent you a PM.

Only three sets left.

darren salyer
Thu 22 October 2009, 12:46
Been lurking too long. Shipping to 63385?

jbmclain
Thu 22 October 2009, 19:44
Darren, I just sent you a PM.

Joe

Hillbillie
Fri 23 October 2009, 21:07
Joe,

How often do you make these sets? I dont need one now but in about 3 months I will.

Larry

jbmclain
Sun 25 October 2009, 07:09
Larry, sad to say that I will have sold my last set in a few days.
The person that I was dealing with to cut the parts was laid off due to the economy. I don't think the new guy is going to give me the same rate to cut and bend a set of parts. But I guess I could see.
If I'm not mistaken. Castone is still selling laser cut parts.

Joe

davida1234
Sun 25 October 2009, 18:19
Hi Joe,

Do you have any sets left? Zip code 92651

david@aa-group.com

davida1234
Sun 25 October 2009, 18:19
And if you do, how do I pay?

Gerald D
Mon 26 October 2009, 09:39
Larry, sad to say that I will have sold my last set in a few days.
The person that I was dealing with to cut the parts was laid off due to the economy. I don't think the new guy is going to give me the same rate to cut and bend a set of parts. But I guess I could see.
If I'm not mistaken. Castone is still selling laser cut parts.

Joe

Castone is in this thread: Laser cut and formed parts - Tennessee (http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760)

jbmclain
Tue 03 November 2009, 20:09
Alabama isn't dead yet.

Metalhead and I are working together to see if we can keep the parts flowing here in the US. We will be meeting with the local Laser/Fabricator guys hear this week to see if we can keep the set available at a affordable price.

We will let you know what we find out.:D

Joe

Gerald D
Tue 03 November 2009, 22:28
Good to hear that there is still life in Alabama! You served this community very well in the past.

GregZ
Thu 05 November 2009, 01:32
I -just- got a kit from Joe that it turns out I am not going to use (I found an already-built machine for a great price).

The box is unopened.

I'm in Portland, OR

I'd like to get what it cost me, of course. :)

Anyone interested?

Greg

MetalHead
Thu 05 November 2009, 05:32
I talked with Joe and the Laser Parts company yesterday. I should have what I need in the next day or so to get a kit pulled together for sale. Just PM me if you are interested in a set of parts and when I get them pulled together I will let everyone know.

MetalHead
Tue 24 November 2009, 14:38
Update on Laser Parts.

I had a test set ran to make sure the new folks met spec. I will touch the parts tomorrow to make sure they are good then I will order some sets.

daoneua
Mon 30 November 2009, 20:11
Greg do you still have a kit from Joe? that you want to sell.

GregZ
Mon 30 November 2009, 22:07
I do indeed!

MetalHead
Wed 16 December 2009, 21:07
Completed some parts for one of the members .

1x M1 30 224 Idler stub shaft.
6x M1 20 220 Bearing support base.

PM me if you need a set. I have more.

I am still tracking on the Laser Parts and they should start being ready soon !!

slackkeymike
Wed 23 December 2009, 14:21
I am confused (and new) here. When someone supplies laser cut kits, what exactly is in the kit?

Thanks!

Mike (also in Alabama)

riesvantwisk
Wed 23 December 2009, 18:48
S.Mike,

usually they are the parts found in ProfilesBends30Jun08.zip (see downloads (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376) )

However some people help others out with additional parts when they cannot do the work because the don't have the machines to make them, the above could be such a case when somebody doesn't have a lathe to make the Bearing support base.

Ries

MetalHead
Thu 24 December 2009, 19:07
Here are some cool shots from a set of parts I made today (PM if you need a set) I am already checking a few long distant orders for folks.

I like the action shot of the Lathe boring the bushings.

I did figure out the the next set will have the idler on the outside end and I will give a little more stock between the bushings. This lets me cut off the Idler then drill the holes and finish size the bushings on the blank.

I can then go over and cut them off with the metal band saw. My parting skills in need of some work :D. !!!

MetalHead
Thu 24 December 2009, 19:17
Here are the parts test fitted. The idler is snug and will be pressed into the point it is flush with the outside of the idler shaft. I have to resist pressing the bearing on.... I won't say how I know they are hard to get back off :o !!!

bolingerbe
Thu 24 December 2009, 20:07
S.Mike,

Ries was correct, I did not have a lathe and MetalHead(Mike) assisted me with this at a very good price and well machined parts. I purchased my Laser Cut Parts from Joe "Sweet Home Alabama" and was very pleased with the quality and price. I could not have built this without the technical help and assistance that this forum has. A lot of the builders on this site have the equipment needed to do most of the work, but it is geat when the same ones step up and help others.:)

Johannescnc
Sat 26 December 2009, 04:46
Great pics Mike! and also inspiring... I want a lathe!!! :rolleyes:

slackkeymike
Sun 27 December 2009, 11:23
Can someone point me to projects where the bed size was scaled down? I do not need (or have room) for 4x8. I am (hopefully) assuming that the gantry can remained unscaled (if width is mainained).

Mike

tufanca
Sun 27 December 2009, 16:08
MechMate yeni versiyon cnc router çizimi yokmu? 2009-2010 çizimi bekliyoruz

swordfish1382
Tue 19 January 2010, 00:47
Sir I am located at 36362 FORT RUCKER AL any sets left? Thank you for your time ERIC

MetalHead
Tue 19 January 2010, 01:47
Sent you a PM - More sets will be ready in a few days.

isladelobos
Tue 19 January 2010, 07:10
Hey Mike.
You forget me!!!! :)

MetalHead
Tue 19 January 2010, 07:27
No I haven't - Just trying to get time to figure out the customs forms. I will try to get through them this week.

Pauld
Wed 20 January 2010, 13:10
I am new to the forum and was interested in what the cost is for a set of the laser cut parts and what would shipping be to a 24153 zip code. :)Just want to say i have looked over the site for some time now and i am amazed at all the info that is available here. By the way has anyone done a video of the assy. of the mechmate and is it available.
Paul:)

MetalHead
Wed 20 January 2010, 16:04
I'll PM you

Pauld
Tue 26 January 2010, 15:20
Mike thanks for the reply I'm sure these have been asked before but i still have questions about laser cut parts. Do the laser cut parts come with marks for drilling all the holes or are they done by the laser also the slots same question. the plans do not have measurements for the hole locations that i can find (maybe I've missed something)anyway!! Thanks for your help and to all the others on the site for all the great info. I'm hoping one day i can build me one.
WOW What A Machine.

sailfl
Tue 26 January 2010, 15:37
Pauld,

If you have not downloaded and printed out the drawings that Gerald has provided you need to do that. You can also look at the drawings. I don't mean to be rude. Part of building the MechMate is to do some of the leg work.

We are happy to answer all your questions, but put the work in also.

Yes the lasered parts come with markings to help you drill the holes.

I think we need to build a MechMate Robot and send her with each of the builds to assist every one. Fetch the 12 mm bolts and bring me a drink.:D

KenC
Tue 26 January 2010, 22:26
I think we need to build a MechMate Robot and send her with each of the builds to assist every one. Fetch the 12 mm bolts and bring me a drink.:D

That would be a great treat ! LOL

MetalHead
Wed 27 January 2010, 05:35
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35608&postcount=19

The spider has etched locators to help align the V-Rollers, but the rest of the parts mostly have precut holes. The drawings and common sense (which aint so common by the way :) ) do the rest.

The whole Y-car assembly literally snaps together. It is actually difficult to take apart it fits together so well. A very nice design and very ridged after it is welded. This site even covers what steps to weld the Y car.

So reading here is a must. I say this site is the assembly manual for the MechMate. By how it is layed out you can pick the area you want to study off the main forum page and read all the feedback on that section.

I'd say 99.9 percent of the time if you have a question about building the MechMate it is in this forum somewhere. If you can't find it after truly looking for it (We will know :) ) then just ask. Someone can point you in the right direction.

Even after over a year I still read here daily and study the drawings a lot. But the best thing to do is dive in.

MetalHead
Wed 27 January 2010, 05:52
Update on Parts - The parts are heading over to the bender this week. So I am on track to have them back early next week. I will let everyone know when they are ready.

firechief
Thu 28 January 2010, 20:56
How much for your parts kit. looking to start soon

zip code 49014
tim@pennfieldtwp.com

Thanks

MetalHead
Thu 28 January 2010, 21:37
Sent you a PM

firechief
Fri 29 January 2010, 07:01
Thanks for the PM
price looks great and will be starting soon

Tim

JamesJ
Fri 29 January 2010, 16:46
How much for your parts kit? Thanks.

MetalHead
Sat 30 January 2010, 03:31
I'll PM you

podunk
Tue 02 February 2010, 23:07
Looking for a price. Zip 95355

Tokamak
Wed 03 February 2010, 06:58
Looking for a price on the laser parts, Thanks John

Zip 91016

MetalHead
Wed 03 February 2010, 12:13
I PM'd you

MetalHead
Wed 03 February 2010, 12:16
podunk - I also PM'd you

daoneua
Thu 04 February 2010, 12:56
MetalHead please PM me with the price too 97007.

Potter
Thu 04 February 2010, 13:21
How much for your parts kit. looking to start soon.

Zip code is 72442

MetalHead
Thu 04 February 2010, 22:32
Daoneua and Potter I PM'd you both.

MetalHead
Fri 12 February 2010, 07:14
I still have 4 sets of parts in this batch please PM me if you would like to order a set.

Kurt Rose
Sat 13 February 2010, 14:07
Hey Metal! how much for a set to 08204. Would you mind sending your phone # with the PM so I can ask you a few questions? Just want to make sure I'm ordering everything I need. Thanks

MetalHead
Sat 13 February 2010, 14:45
I sent you a PM

JLFIN
Fri 19 February 2010, 14:37
mike ,
congrats on your recent venture, good for you
I am fairly new to the sight but was glad to see you take over the helm.
anyway, I am also interested in price on your kit

MetalHead
Fri 19 February 2010, 16:02
Sent you a PM

ppd1979
Sun 21 February 2010, 00:17
How Much for a parts kit to 94403

MetalHead
Sun 21 February 2010, 04:53
Peter - I sent you a PM

dahoutz
Sun 21 February 2010, 18:51
How much for parts kit to 52638

MetalHead
Sun 21 February 2010, 19:36
Sent you a PM

MetalHead
Fri 26 February 2010, 18:00
Let me know if you need MechMate parts in the United States !!!

Laser Cut and Bent Parts
Machined Parts
Other MechMate Parts

Just send me a PM or an email and I will get you what you need.

Mike

ddoggett
Fri 26 February 2010, 21:56
Metalhead Mike, do you also supply custom parts? I don't have a lathe (yet).
And what is your rate/hour or do you do flat rate for required parts maching?

Thanks Dan

MetalHead
Sat 27 February 2010, 06:54
I sent you a PM.

Yes I can do custom machining.

Mike

zigmart
Sun 28 February 2010, 11:34
How much for a set of the laser cut and bent stop blocks?

MetalHead
Sun 28 February 2010, 12:57
I sent you a PM.

Mike

swatkins
Sun 28 February 2010, 13:59
How much for a set of the laser cut and bent stop blocks?

Send me a PM also Mike :)

MetalHead
Sun 28 February 2010, 15:37
PM sent

gooberdog
Wed 03 March 2010, 13:04
Price of cut and bent parts-
Send me a PM please Mike
Thanks
Chuck

MetalHead
Wed 03 March 2010, 14:21
PM sent

MetalHead
Mon 15 March 2010, 13:38
For those who have been waiting on Stop Blocks. They are finally ready and I have them in my possession.

I will ship them out tomorrow!!!

I also have 10 more sets of Laser Cut and Bent Parts and many sets of Bearings and Bushings.

Check here if you need stuff !!!

http://www.cvsupply.com/servlet/the-MechMate/Categories

hrnlacerda
Thu 27 May 2010, 08:40
Do you send this kit to Brazil ? How much it would cost ?

Thanks,
Hernani

xtal2
Thu 16 September 2010, 20:44
Mike
I am in Indonesia. But I have friends in US who can forward send to me the parts if i ordering from you. Pls PM me the price for: 1 unit Basic laser cut kit and the stop block.

Thanks
Cliff

domino11
Fri 17 September 2010, 09:14
Look at http://www.cvsupply.com/servlet/the-MechMate/Categories for Mikes pricing to the US. :)

BrianwStahl
Mon 16 June 2014, 20:35
i am interested in ordering the laser cut parts my email is brianwstahl@gmail.com i am located in Leachville AR

MetalHead
Mon 16 June 2014, 21:09
PM sent