PDA

View Full Version : A dust collector cyclone, ClearVue CV1800 LH, for sale in South Africa

Gerald D
Tue 30 September 2008, 09:36
Hi All

Recently I got a ClearVue (http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/) CV 1800 LH for use in CamCraft's workshop for the 3 MechMates that will be running there:

The idea was to have automatic blast gates on the suction lines to each of the 3 machines, the blast gate opening when Mach switched the spindle on. However, the motor/blower/fan would be running almost continuously, even while only one table is active. On the other hand, only one cyclone on 3 tables might have been a bit light.

Have now decided to go for 3 smaller cyclones/blowers/motors, independent of each other, and each better matched for the 100mm [4"] suction hoses that we use (smaller cyclones around 300mm [12"] diameter instead of the 450mm [18"] , the CV1800, that was going to service all three pipes).

This ClearVue 1800 will be great for a workshop that wants to collect dust from more than just a MM.

I paid $490 [ZA R4000.00] for this cyclone in the US. Will sell for best offer above R2000.00. Still new in original box. Contact me at gerald(at)mechmate(dot)com